Agarose is a polysaccharide galactan that is formed by linking agarobioses 1-3, 1-4 units. This chemical structure makes agarose capable of forming gels that is strong enough even at low concentrations. Due to Neutral inert matrix of Agarose gel, proteins and nucleic acids can easily bind with as well as can separate easily. This characteristic makes agarose ideal for separations of nucleic acids in many biomolecular analysis techniques.
PurMa Agarose (Molecular Biology Grade)
$65.36 – $553.28
Agarose is a polysaccharide galactan that is formed by linking agarobioses 1-3, 1-4 units. This chemical structure makes agarose capable of forming gels that is strong enough even at low concentrations. Due to the Neutral inert matrix of Agarose gel, proteins and nucleic acids can easily bind with as well as can separate easily. This characteristic makes agarose ideal for separations of nucleic acids in many biomolecular analysis techniques. PurMaTM Molecular Biology Grade Agarose is designed for routine electrophoresis procedures and blotting techniques. The macroreticular structure of the gel formed with this agarose creates a very open mesh which can be adjusted simply by modification of agarose concentration. Thus, the agarose is suitable for separating and analyses of proteins and nucleic acids with various sizes (60,000bp to 500 bp) depending on the concentration of agarose used. PurMaTM Molecular Biology Grade Agarose is a highly refined, regular melting agarose having high gel strength and integrity. Advantage of low EEO (≤ 0.12- mr) is it promotes high electrophoretic mobility, yields high-resolution capability and shortens total run time. This also allows macromolecules and larger particles (Cellular fragments, viruses, etc.) to migrate more freely through the gel matrix. The consistently low EEO flow also provides a reduction in band distortion (caused by counterflow) and minimizes diffusion, so that nucleic acid fragments remain sharp and tightly resolved, while a high gel strength aids to make it firm but flexible even at low concentrations with efficient mechanical handling. This results minimal risk of cracking or breaking even at all concentration of agarose. High gel strength also gives it an excellent compatibility for blotting techniques.
Agarose (R) exhibits low background with very low absorption of chemical staining agents like ethidium bromide or other fluorescent dyes. Like all of our agaroses, PurMaTM Molecular Biology Grade Agarose also has no detectable DNase, RNase or protease activity with strict control on lot-to-lot consistency making them ideal for separation, analysis and recovery of DNA/RNA in all routine electrophoresis applications.
Specifications of PurMaTM Molecular Biology Grade Agarose:
- High purity (Moisture: ≤ 7%, Ash: ≤ 0.35%, Sulfate: ≤ 0.1%)
- Extraordinary mechanical resistance (Gel Strength≥ 2500 in 1.5% gel)
- High electrophoresis mobility (EEO: 0.09 – 0.12)
- Greater thermal stability due to high hysteresis (In 1.5% gel, Melting point 88 ± 1.5 °C, gelling point 36°C ± 1.5°C)
- Excellent transparency allows high visibility (in 1.5% gel NTU ≤ 4)
- low background
- Ultra-low absorption of staining agents
- Low DNA binding promotes easy recovery
- DNA resolution ≥ 1000 bp finely resolved
- Pore size can be adjusted with modifying gel concentration
- Free from Proteases and Endonucleases
- Free from organic solvents
- Easily water soluble
- Simple preparation.
- Ensured lot-to-lot consistency
- Passed gel analysis assay
- Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis
- Analytical Electrophoresis
- Preparative Electrophoresis,
- Blotting assays
- Serum Protein Electrophoresis
- immunoelectrophoresis and counterimmunoelectrophoresis.
- Immunodiffusion techniques like Ouchterlony double immunodiffusion (ODI), Radial immunodiffusion (RID)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.